Bio About Mike
Mike Feinberg is a lifelong resident of northern New Jersey and has an established reputation as one of the top New Jersey home builders. He had a very close relationship with his father, who spent many years in the retail clothing business and worked for both Lerner Shops and The Limited in senior management. His father was also an avid golfer who taught his son to play and love the game at a very early age. As Mike grew up, his relationship with his father sparked two things…the motivation to improve his golf game, and an interest in being a business owner.
After graduating from Passaic Valley High School in 1975, Mike attended William Paterson University, majoring in business administration. But he was driven to enter the workforce as soon as possible, and left the college path to get into business. After working in the management training program at Toys R Us for about a year, he started his own landscaping firm, Gift of Grass, which serviced residential customers throughout Passaic, Morris, Union and Essex counties in New Jersey. He attended Rutgers University, where he studied plant physiology, and obtained a certificate in turf management. His start in the landscaping business was his first step as an entrepreneur. The professional relationships he established with builders and developers, plus an innate interest in architecture, eventually motivated him to get started in construction before becoming one of the best New Jersey home builders.
Mike and his wife reside in Kinnelon, and have five grown children. His interests include reading, traveling, boating, and of course, golfing.
Vision for the company
- Provide superior service to our clients that is second to none.
- Exceed our clients’ expectations on every job.
- Complete each project with the highest performance standards possible.
- Listen to each client in order to understand their specific needs, and appropriately tailor our process to address those needs.
- Respect each client’s home and property, and treat it as if it were our own.
- Keep a sharp focus on project efficiency and complete each job in the expected time frame.
- Keep the channels of communication open as work progresses, in order to keep clients fully informed.
- Respect our clients’ input so that they feel like we are partnering with them, not just working for them.
- Stay informed with regards to new construction products, building methods, design trends, and industry advancements, in order to deliver the best product possible.
- Maintain relationships with highly skilled professional tradesmen and subcontractors to ensure excellent quality in every phase of our New Jersey home builders work.
- Promote collaborative efforts with architects and design professionals in order to enhance our work and better serve our clients.
- Keep a client database to stay in touch with prior customers and help grow our New Jersey home builders business through referrals.
- Regarding the completion of each job not as an ending, but rather the perpetuation of a relationship with every valued client.
Where We Work >>
Fein Construction is based in Kinnelon, which is located in Morris County, New Jersey. Our past and current New Jersey home builders projects are in townships and boroughs throughout the counties of Bergen, Passaic, Essex, Morris, and Union in northern New Jersey. We have completed subdivisions in Wayne, Jefferson Township, and Kinnelon. In addition, we have worked on historic homes in Hillburn, New York and the prestigious area of Tuxedo Park, New York. Throughout the years we have developed excellent working relationships with municipal building departments in these areas, and we have become well-informed about their protocol and local township and county ordinances. Our work as New Jersey home builders has established our excellent reputation throughout northern New Jersey and surrounding areas.
If you are planning a construction project…whether it’s an addition, renovation, historic restoration, or new custom home…we encourage you to contact us. We will be happy to review your project in detail and provide you with a free estimate. Let us show you what makes Fein Construction stand out from other New Jersey home builders.